For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sigh. I'm sick. I have the flu. I'm sorta grumpy about it. Could be worse. I could be sick off my ass. Fortunately, I'm sick on my ass. (Whew.)

Made chicken stew with dumplings. Oh, dear. Yummy factor 10, and a Mommy factor 10. Mom used to make some pretty skookum good dumplings. I remember, I think, the last time she ever made 'em, back when we lived in the house her and Dad built, in White Rock. I was probably 15 or something. It was one of those things she just stopped making one day.

But as nostalgic and I-miss-my-mom as I get when I'm sick, I'm still a better cook than her, hands down. (heh) And I put parsley in my dumplings. Mm. (Not the biggest parsley fan either, but it works on chicken stew, man. I was thinking of dill, but dill and chicken? I'm not that liberal, man.)

Anyhow, jacking up on juice and vitamins. Fun. Shoot me the fuck now, honestly. Heh! I'm a miserable sick person some days. Fortunately I have the good sense to keep it to myself.

But I should mention, I bought this blueberry-cranberry cocktail, and damn, is it good. I figured I needed calories after going a day and a bit without being able to keep food down. Since after dinner Monday, no food would take hold. I was getting pretty week. Blueberry-cranberry cocktail to the rescue! I think I've had almost a half-gallon of it today, diluted with water, so, like, a gallon!

Soon, I'll go *POOF* and turn into a blueberry a la Veruca Salt. That'll be hot. That'll send the guys running.

"Look, a blueberry. Cute!"

Hey, what can I tell you. I lead a rich fantasy life. And then there was NyQuil. *Wink.* Oh, speaking of, I could use another shot. *Coff* Yep, there it is.