For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday: Revisited

Yes, I've reposted this posting.

First, go see this on ebay. A dude and friends have built a fully-operational mech that stands 18 feet tall.

You can be your very own Transformer for the starting price of $40,000.

LadiesKitchenAccesory

Wondering when a guy is going to come up with a plastic dog you stuff your dishrag in and call it the "all women are bitches" ragholder.

(Typo in that joke earlier. Duh.)

Good news, not only do I have that snazzy photo showing coming up in September but they've now told me that THEY will be printing up promotional materials for my show. Say what?

Where the fuck was the memo that I could get my dreams on the go this easily? Stuff is totally fluking out for me these days, after years of fears and apprehensions keeping me from ever trying.

Fear is the stupidest goddamned thing sometimes. I'm just happy I got over it.

Anyhow, this is one of the photos I've been hesitant to share with y'all, because it loses a lot when smaller, and because I just kind of don't like to share everything sometimes.

But I sent this as part of the group that the restaurant used to judge my work with, and I suspect it's one of the reasons I got the show.

In about three hours, I'll be picking up the proofs to my first run of photos. I'll make changes and then, whoomp... onto the expensive ordering of enlargements. This is exciting yet scary.

So, again, this is one of a series of really moody shots of Vancouver that I've never posted. In all of them, large clouds dominate the city scenes, but so do the water and mountains. Here you go. This is Kits Pool, about 5 minutes from downtown, on the awesome Kits beach.

Unfortunately, there's no larger version on Flickr, so this is all you get. Sorry. Protecting my ass. Selfish me.

kits pool tld

Don't forget to click the Top Blog. It reset again yesterday. :) (To those of us in the listings, we can all click for each other as well as ourselves... You just can't vote for anyone twice, that's all. Let's help each other out. A band of thieves against Mike.)