For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The lights are going out, one by one

Ah, my minions, my whores, my fans, my stalkers.

I have decided it is time for order. I have a section in my sidebar where you can read actual good postings.

Let me explain. Most of the time, I post almost daily. This means a lot of lesser-than stuff gets into the mix. But there are good postings, they just fly by quickly.

I’d like to think I’m worthy to judge what’s good and what’s not, so I took some time to weed through the recent past and add some of those to the favourites in the sidebar, plus I’ve also organized my favourite postings into categories. You like my news of the weird? It’s there in one spot. How lovely.

* * *


turtle lantern

I went to the Illuminaries Festival last night. Each summer, in the middle of July, one of the most enchanting evenings in Vancouver occurs. People make paper lanterns and gather in the park for a night of lights and music and fun.

I sadly got there, realized my battery for my camera was at home, had to run home, run back, and got all of two good photos.

Ah, well. These are small format here, but large on Flickr. Clickr and have at ‘er.

This one better shows the dottings of lanterns in the background, on the other shore of Trout Lake, where the festival occurs. People make these cool elaborate floating lanterns, and I love the way it looks:

wide on illuminaries

(There was a long, rambling, fairly personal posting here yesterday. Presto, magnifico, it go boom. Thanks Adrian and Bullish for your comments. It's saved in my archives and might return another time... but for now, no.)