For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Angry Inch

My recent loss of cable television (read my rant entitled "Motherfucker!" here) has driven me to my local DVD dealer for rentals.

This week, I'm renting Queer As Folk: Season Three. And the end credits had me thinking.

Multiple episodes are directed by a guy named KEVIN INCH.

Now, let's think about this for a minute. If you've been sequestered on a coconut-covered deserted island for the last half-decade, Q.A.F. is both a UK and North American dramatic series, and both versions are predominantly based on gay men.

That said, nearly every episode of the North American (because it's shot in Canada even though it's an "American" show) Queer as Folk makes some comment on cock size.

So, you gotta ask yourself: Do you really want to be a guy named "INCH" in that environment?

I would think not. So, if I were asked, I would suggest Kevin should change how his professional name displays in rolling credits.

Perhaps something along the lines of Kevin "Eight" Inch might serve Kev well.

And for my readers with a fondness for male asses, here's one I shot standing in line to get to my seat at a recent football game. I have no shame.

hottie ass

(If anyone's familiar with his character in season three, the hottie violinist named Ethan used to play violin for money on the streets by one of our theatres here in Vancouver, long before his acting career took off. I can recall more than one weekend night spent in line listening to him play, and yes, he was as accomplished a player as they made him out to be in the show.)