For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, April 22, 2005

An Ode to a Kitty On the Road

I'm between posts and mean to do some serious writing tonight as I chill and relax in the middle of my five-day break.

But that leaves me with nothing today for you, my faithful little readers.

So... I'll dust off my archives and pull out one of the most offensive, unappealling things I've ever written, that still, to this day, makes me grin.

I wrote this in Grade 12 one day, after I finished an English test and was sitting there with nothing better to do. I'd skipped the period before and went cruising around on a drive through the country and saw the most icky bit of kitty roadkill I'd ever seen, and this was the result.


there's a kitty on the road
a car goes vroom!
kitty looks up
car hits kitty
kitty looks flat
              lumpy
              gutless
              dead
there is a kitty on the road


Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.