For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005


That first night in spring when you can finally leave all your windows wide open as you sleep?

That night rocks. And that night was last night.

So I'm in an awesome mood. I read this the other morning from a book I love, The Soul of the World, "a modern book of hours."

* * *
"A white explorer in Africa, anxious to press ahead with his journey, paid his porters for a series of forced marches. But they, almost within reach of their destination, set down their bundles and refused to budge. No amount of extra payment would convince them otherwise.

They said they had to wait for their souls to catch up."

-Bruce Chatwin, author & explorer (1940-1989)

* * *

Today, I shall endeavour to do everything a little more slowly, more deliberately. I want my soul riding shotgun this fine day.