For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fuckin' technology... and something about food

I'm pissed off at the world because it's going on four fucking days that my blog has been unable to post new stuff and I've written a few things, but my readers probably think I'm slacking. I really want to bitch-slap webhostingcanada into next century, but I'm hoping they can remedy things today at least, or else I'm switching to a new hosting co next week. FUCK this.

Anyhow.

I have someone coming for dinner, possibly a couple people, but people suck ass at RSVPing, apparently. Whatever. I know I have one person coming and I'll just deal with it.

I'm actually looking forward to it, I'm just angry about my blog. I'm kind of excited because I'm going to take a total risk and invent a dish tonight, and not test it out beforehand or anything. Baptism by fire, baby.

I'll be making a claypot chicken, but I've decided to just totally go bravely into the unknown and completely make up a dish. Not improvise, though. I've thought this out. It'll be pearl onions, lots of garlic, fingerling potatoes, tarragon, white wine, fresh green peppercorns, "some kinda dijon", and baby carrots, all baked together with a chicken in a clay pot. I think it should be pretty decadent. When I bake my bread after, I plan to take the pot's juices, reduce them on the stove, and add just a dash of creme fraiche or something at the end to mellow the garlic/onion flavours and finish it off nicely. Serve with cristy Ecco Il Pane bread and all should be pretty blissful. A nice early fall stew-type thing.

I hope. :)

If it all works out, I'll post my recipe later. Pretty stoked. This should be nice. Time to start enjoying cooking again. I'll only be working 7 or 7.5 hours a day, so I'll have time to exercise and eat, not to mention I'll have energy. My return to the Slow Movement begins this week -- real food, real life, real time to myself. Real priorities. Never again do I become consumed by work. Or at least not for long. I hope. :)