For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

And the Hits Keep Comin!

Wow. I should stop writing at this blog, period. I get about 100 hits here a day, a waste of my time, really.

The OTHER blog, though... boy, it's starting to grow like mad. I've gained more than a thousand hits per day in the last month or six weeks. When I first lost my job, I was getting 1,000 - 1,300 hits a day. Now I'm getting 2,000 - 2,700 a day, and I'm not doing all I can to promote it yet. Then there's the fact that I have 210 subscribers to my daily feed. That's been shooting up every weekend, too. It'll probably settle to 195 or so by Tuesday, but I think this is the last week I'll be under 200 subscribers again. That's the part that freaks me out -- subscribers. They're the ones I don't want to disappoint. So, what's next? 225? 250? 300 subscribers? I know that when I get up to 400+ that that's when I'll be playing with the big boys. Right now I'm in the minors, but I'm clearly here to play!

I'm back, traffic-wise, after a lot of things that rightly could've killed the traffic all together last year. First, my relationship was dying, then I had the horrible experience of discovering my employment insurance was expiring BEFORE I had a job, then I had that shit job and 3 months of the worst chemical depression EVER, then I got FIRED, then I had 5 months of total insecurity employment-wise WHILE knowing I had zero EI if the worst was to happen. That's 8 months of my life in a nutshell.

I'm SO proud of myself for keeping the blogS running through all that shit. That I wrote anything readable at all is a good thing. Now I need to keep it going.

I'm not at that point yet where I feel absolutely certain I'm going to be employed for the longhaul. LOGICALLY, I know I will be. Yes. Absolutely. But, emotionally, I've had three highly unstable years for employment (some self-inflicted, of course) and I'm having a hard time believing it's done. It is, of course, but my emotions need to catch up with my reality. :)

However, my writing's definitely starting to feel like it's coming back too. I'm feeling like I want to be more creative, like I have the urge to write it out. Hopefully my writing continues getting more optimistic and self-focused. I need to start writing about loving being single... which I don't love yet, but I'm working on.

What I have to try to do is update the blog 5 times a week for a while, though. I bet I'll be up near, what, 3,000+ a day in another month? Just keep writing, right?

But good for me. I've worked hard. I deserve this. I have earned it. I was angry when I was getting only 600 hits a day, or even 1,200, for a while there. My numbers have been down since last June, but I felt lucky to have any traffic at all -- and then I felt angry at myself for letting my problems interrupt with my creative pursuits too much. But that's all over. THIS is the nail in the coffin of my last year! I'm back to where I was before everything came apart at the seams! Fucking FINALLY! :) Yay.

How often do YOU get a do-over? I've just gotten mine. Happy weekend! Now... coffee, breakfast, and Fargo, which I just bought for $7.99. But I'm making dough for French Bread baguettes, too! Woohoo.