For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

okayokayokay

There are a few good things I should report:

1) Although I think the advertising gig that made itself known to me of late is now kaput (talk about taking for fucking ever to decide!), I did receive an invitation for Blogads, an exclusive network of advertising ops for blogs only. You sign up, they do the work for you. I think I can even list THIS blog and make money here. Which is cool. Triple the fun, really. Finally signed up today. (Don't bother trying -- I had a few times, but you need to be invited, and not everyone has invitations to extend. I tapped into a blogging friend who tapped into another, and so forth.)

2) I've had a couple 'real' writers find me and tell me they love my shit, including an author of a book from the UK I've heard great things about long before she contacted me. Penguin Marketing has added me to their list of people they're whoring free books to for reviews, so it looks like I'm getting more free books. But they're all about sex, and I'm not involved. Now that I'm exercising again, my sex drive's coming back, so this may create more problems than it solves. Still. Free shit rocks.

3) A dating site in Toronto found my blog and loves it, and has added both the new addy and the old one to their site, and the new blog's traffic is 35% from their site. Not bad. Looks like a good connection.

4) I've only had my Feedburner account for the new blog set up for two days and I already have 35 subscribers.

And I think there's something else, but it's slipping my mind. This is good, though. Shitty dream, shitty day's start, but I'm starting to get constant little things reminding me that I think I'm on the right path. Today I'll talk to my boss and see what the prognosis looks like for me sticking around awhile. I haven't been looking for anything 'cos I've been too swamped. My GUT tells me everything will be okay, and though my gut's normally right, I can't really afford to count on it.