For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Speaking of Canuck Flicks

I watched It's All Gone Pete Tong this evening. The reviews of it that claim it's like This is Spinal Tap meets Trainspotting aren't that far off. Not a perfect movie, but damned good. Pretty groovy soundtrack.

But if you're not into music, if you're not into dancing and beats and all that jazz, then just don't bother.

Me, I dug it. And I can empathize. Having a hearing loss, I can imagine what it must be like for a DJ to be losing his hearing and then go stone deaf. This is a mockumentary about exactly that. I quite enjoyed it and thought Paul Kaye played the role of "legenday" Ibizan DJ Frankie Wilde brilliantly.

Like I sez, ain't for everyone, but for those who can relate to the club vibe, your boat just came in.

If my thing the other day came off rabidly anti-American, then I ought to be flogged. I ain't anti-American at all. My stepmom's one. She's quite likeable. :) But I'm sick of the politics I keep hearing and I forget to qualify my words. So be it. Being flawed sucks. I'm so flawed. Oh, well. I'm anti-American politics. How's that? Better?