For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sigh.

Every now and then, I take a wander through blogs of the past that I used to love, and today I've done so and discovered that a site I loved met its demise with last Christmas. Apparently one of the blog's originators died in the summer. Too bad. It was brilliantly bitter and sardonic, maintained by a couple studio producers who'd receive moronic script ideas and would then post them for the public to rip apart. Brilliant way for producers to get a feel for the public, and get some of their job satisfaction-lacks dealt with.

I saw this "job" posting on Guru.com this morning and laughed my ass off. Like anyone with half a brain would spend their time helping this guy write his script. Oh, and for writers out there, posting a summary of your plot BEFORE it's even written is probably not the best way to protect your intellectual property. Fuckin' people. Here's the summary:
Project Description:I have a movie that I came up with and I need a script written for it. The movie is about a good kid who grows up a straight kid and by his smarts became a drug king pin. He friends turn on him and he has to flee the area. He has to lead a second life until he figures out what he is going to do. In this second life he becomes someone who he never thought that he could be. He starts to live life like the other side. He uses his street smarts to rise very fast in a fortune 500 company.

Yeah. Because I know I get all titillated with excitement when I think of a good kid-goes bad-goes good. Hi, does that popcorn come with a side of YAWN?

I think there should be use parameters put into place for imagination. Only those with original ideas should ever be allowed to create media of any kind. Half the media now would be out of work.

Including me. Hey, wait. I *AM* out of work. That solves my problem, then.