For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Oh, Cannabis

Canada Day, July 1st, is also celebrated as Cannabis Day in this city, and a large legalise-it rally was held downtown. Here's a few of the shots I got.

It was strange. I'd never been before. As much as I smoke dope, and I smoke it a LOT, I am not your typical stoner. I have no patience for stupid stoners who get dumb and lose their brains. I have no patience for people who walk around so spaced out they might as well be in orbit. More than half the crowd was "that" kind of stoner. GayBoy and I, we're not.

So, we didn't stay long, but we figured it was time to see what the event was like, since it's been going down for 10 years or more now and we'd never been.

There was a Reefer Raffle for this plant. The woman was a real riot.

(I left all of these large format. Have at 'em. They're on Flickr.)

reefer raffle

I thought this was perfect with the dreadlocked chick standing by the sign.

dont fear reefer

I call her the Ganja Goddess:

ganja goddess

This pipe says "Everybody must get stoned". It's a working pipe, and folks were lined up for tokes. A two-man job.

biggest pipe

I'm not a big fan of the monster full mohawk, but hey, if you're gonna do it, do it big with all the snazzy colours, just like these girls:

colorful mohawks

And I've been meaning to post this for a long time. This is a local landmark. Up on Sixth and Balaclava, or there abouts, there's this Cadillac half-buried in a front yard. At night, the taillights come on. I have this suspicion that someone had the back end of their Caddy totalled and loved it so much it had to be saved.

By the way, the Caddy's pink and perfect, body-wise.

garden caddy smallish