For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, November 25, 2005

I am Woman, Hear me Roar

Fuck Apple.

I despise any company that leads you to believe you have no option but to send them three times the amount of money a service is worth. Yes, it's the American way, but fuck that shit, man. (Ironically, I have an iBOOK and an iPOD. Like the products, hate the hard sell.)

The goodly folks at iPOD will have you believe it's HARD and TRICKY to change an iPOD battery, and I'll admit, it's intimidating until you've done it once, but I found this awesome blog entry that gave me all the juice I needed...

And I did it my own goddamned self.

My way? $29.99 for an Energizer battery, and 20 minutes labour. Their way? $99.99 for a shitty Sanyo battery, and several days lost to shipping. I may not be broke off my ass, but I'm stubborn and I'm cheap.

So, go here, edumacate yoself, and save yo' damned money.

(By the way, I'm not little miss Martha-neurotic or anything, but I used a screwdriver, was careful, and didn't mangle the shit out of my top like girlie did on her page. Dunno what's up with that. Did have a problem with the screws incide the mounts being a bit of a bitch to get off -- they stripped two precision screwdrivers of mine. Before the damage worsened, I stopped, put the whole thing in a ziploc baggie, and took it to an Apple shop and had them remove the screw. They did, for free, and I took it home and finished it off.

Another note: The first time I hooked it up and closed the case, I unwittingly loosened the soundboard. Listening to music, I'd lost an entire range of frequencies. I reopened the badboy, ensured all the boards were plugged in snug, closed it back up, and busted a move. All was good. Yay!)