For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

the Ditch LIVES, baby

Call me a flake, call me an alarmist, call me anything you want.

The Last Ditch is staying alive for at least the foreseeable future. I just updated the sidebar with all my decent posts from the last three months and it occurs to me that I been through too damned much in the last year, mentally and emotionally, on this board to stop running it now.

I like the fact that it's an ongoing journal from a year of incredible, mind-boggling personal growth. You don't know me, you can't possibly understand what it's been like in my head, but that's all right. You get these strange, diverse snapshots of it all anyhow, and maybe it's as interesting to you as it is deeply personal to me.

If I ran off and started a new blog, I'd just be continuing in a pattern of behaviour I've always indulged: Cutting and Running when an obstacle arises.

The obstacle? Nothing more than stagnation. I hit a dry patch, and that happens to us all. I'd be really proud if I could get this blog up to the quirky/fun/odd level it was earlier in the spring of this year, but I also want to continue with the self-reflecting posts. Self-indulgent, yeah, but so is the very act of blogging. We think we have something to say, so we say it. It's all good.

So, for as far as I can see, this lowly rag is going to continue. Keep your bookmarks.