For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Been A Long Time Comin'

And a short time going.

The Kills, as my faithful partner in musical crime put it, were afflicted with a serious case of giggus interruptus.

After 49 minutes, with an ending that left us all needing a cigarette, Hotel and VV just strolled offstage. Easily one of the hardest fought shows I've ever witnessed, and despite the incredibly short set, I'm stunned to find myself okay with it, and probably even relieved.

I could handle more shows like this. What was that I said about sexual tension? This was sexual war. It was a battle up there, and we, the little voyeurs who paid for a show, came off as the winners. Driving guitar(s) powered one of the finest vocal shows around, forcing you to decide if you're quantity or the quality type. Tonight, file me under quality, and I got mine. And I'm betting that, not long after they got off stage, judging by what was going on on it, that VV and Hotel got theirs, too.

With a gig like that, you break the hour mark, you better know your Kama Sutra breathing techniques, let me tell you.

You can just call me Grasshopper.