For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Is the blog...

...the aspiring writer's equivalent of a biological clock ticking?

[tick] [tock]

My, look at the time.

I've done this before, you know. I'm not [gasp] a virgin. My other blogs are things of the past, like any cheap sexual encounter.

Being old-fashioned, I feel I require a motivation to do this. If so, what is it? To further my plans for complete and utter world domination? To get therapy on the cheap? Because I have nothing better to do?

Who freakin' knows.

Writing is as solitary a task as they come, though, and blogs serve some pretty amazing functions for those of us on the hunt for the perfect expression, especially when it allows us to share our work with friends or field comments from the public.

Like I've said before, writing is like being a revolutionary. You can do it alone, but it sure as hell helps to have sympathisers.

This is bound to be a happy little land of both my rant and whimsy. Fuelled by my strong opinions and love for culture, this blog will be pretty varied in its scope. The only thing you can count on is my unwavering lack of subtlety.

I'm open to your (the public at large) comments, provided they're intelligent and respectful. I'm not a proponent of censorship, but I also don't believe in stupidity, so you do the math.