For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Aww, for me? You shouldn't have.

Today's my birthday. (Insert Uncle Luke classic here.)

And the GOP has given me the gift of Speaker Tom Delay stepping aside. (blush) Really, that's too extravagant.

But I'll take it. :)

And-and-and!! The Muppets have finally been put on stamps! Hurrah! And Beeker's there! ALL IS WELL IN THE WORLD.

My birthday consists of torrential rain, a quiet morning in, soon a pot of my favourite kind of coffee, a short day of work (4.5 hours), and a quiet evening in. Quiet is good this week. I've already had a few nights of birthdayish celebrations -- and there are a few more nights of it to come. Just not tonight. And that's peach frickin' keen with me.

Still, it does feel like a nice, special day, even though I need to ride through the shittiest weather in months to get to work today. Something about that makes me smile, though.

Perhaps all is well in the world, but I'm not well in the head? Let's hope. ;)