For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Capsule Review: The Aristocrats

GayBoy and I zipped out to Silvercity to see The Aristocrats today, and 20 minutes later, walked out and got a refund.

GayBoy and I? NOT squeamish. We're as vulgar as it gets, sometimes. Dirty, dirty kids, and misbehavin', too.

We wanted to see the flick because it's an amazing list of comedians. I was hoping there'd be something about being a comedian in it, since I want to try my hand at stand-up comedy in 2006.

Anything? No, no. Lots of mention, in no particular order, of: shit, piss, cum, fisting, fucking, incest, oral, shit, piss, cum, etc.

You get the picture. In fact, it's the same joke, LITERALLY, told in a myriad of different ways, each version trying to out-do the last as far as filth and debauchery goes. We were laughing as we left, though, just in a head-shaking "what the fuck?" kind of way.

There were five people when we entered the theatre, including us, and when we left, 15 minutes in, there was one. GayBoy called out, "It's all yours, buddy!" as we headed. The guy laughed.

I'd probably watch it on video, but I wouldn't advise spending cold, hard cash for box office prices considering the dirth of variety in the flick.